Friday, July 4, 2008

irritable bowel syndrome

I contracted IBS in my mid thirties. I had my gall bladder removed
and after a protracted time in hospital due to complications I discovered I had IBS.
At the time I did not know what it was or how to treat it. I had very little help from
doctors at the hospital or from my own GP. My own GP simply said."It will go away".
It didnt go away and eventually I did get some help and after along period of time bought it under control and all the horrible symptoms that go with it.
Im sure you know what the symptoms are and I do not need to repeat them.
the main way of bringing it under control is a change of diet. everone has different "triggers"
for IBS.
I tried numerous other alternative's including Aloe vera juice, this had an unfortunate side effect of being a laxative. Eventually I found aloe vera in powder form and recently I found it in capsule form, through a recommendation from someone else. my personal experience is aloe vera combined with a change in diet has brought my IBS under control and I dare say alomst stopped it

No comments: