Monday, August 23, 2010

How will IBS affect my life? What changes to my diet should I make?

AG asked:

I have been diagnosed with IBS today, but I don’t really know what it means! Of course I understand the medical side, but I don’t really understand how it is going to affect my life if at all.

I have always been incredibly regular, but this changed after visiting Cambodia (3 months ago). My doctor has checked for parasites etc and has made the diagnosis of IBS. He thinks the travellers diahorea I experienced on holiday has brought to light my IBS. My boyfriend is really pleased that I don’t have parasites. He said having parasites would be serious but that IBS isn’t.

I am really confused though! I am currently living in Japan and have a doctor who doesn’t know me.The information I have on the internet says I should change my diet. However, one website says eat insoluble fibre but another say eat soluble fibre! All I know is that I have lost weight, feel tired and am spotty.

I have found the IBS Network but instead of making me feel better I now want to cry!

Please help!

Caffeinated Content

No comments: