Monday, August 30, 2010

For My Tummy – 7 IBS Diet Principles

 Special Offer: Get Permanent Relief From IBS in 7 Days Guaranteed!For My Tummy – 7 IBS Diet PrinciplesDavid December 8th, 2007

Tummyblogger over at ForMyTummy.com recently blogged about 7 diet principles when it comes to IBS. I have to agree with all of her principles especially #1. I always start my day with a nice fiber-rich bowl of cereal such as Raisin Brand or Fiber One. It gives me confidence knowing that I’ve put down something solid so I won’t find myself having to run to the bathroom as soon as I get to the office.

I’m also a strong believer in principle #6 which has to do with getting off your butt and exercising. Now I go to the gym 3-4 times a week for two reasons. First off, it’s good for me and I enjoy staying fit and secondly and more importantly it reduces stress so I’m less likely to have an IBS stomach issue.

Here’s the full list tummyblogger has put together on the blog:

Principle 1 – Never eat on an empty stomach
Principle 2 – Get actively involved in food shopping
Principle 3 – Read all food labels in the store
Principle 4 – Start with an elimination diet
Principle 5 – Emphasize fruits and vegetables for added foods
Principle 6 – Move and grow
Principle 7 – Add these to your new diet

If you haven’t tried exercise and/or a strong fiber diet, I highly recommend you start there first. It will take a week before you really notice a difference but you’ll be glad you did. I also drink green tea which has helped as well. Soda and coffee don’t get along well with my stomach which I figured out by doing an elimination diet (principle #4).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I have been visiting various blogs for my dissertation research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, causes cramping, bloating, diarrhea, constipation and abdominal pain in affected individuals. There is no cure for irritable bowel syndrome, but there are some things you can do to treat IBS and feel better.

IBS Diet